Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Prayers...

Dear Friends,

Can you believe it? I leave for the Philippines in 13 days!!! I can’t describe my attitude towards this—its both nervousness and excitement combined. A healthy feeling to have, I think. I have so much good news to report!

First, thanks so the help of my great support team, I am fully supported (financially and in prayer partners) for this internship. WOW. In comparison to last summer, it was incredible to see how quickly people responded to my letter and how readily they gave. Maybe they’re just tired of getting my letters GET THIS INTERNSHIP DONE ALREADY! In all seriousness…each person that replied to my letter has had a very significant role in my life and faith. I was writing little notes to each of them and as I did, I remembered memories of them at different points in my life. It was such an encouraging time to reflect and see how God has built a circle of friends around me for times such as these. I am grateful for each person.

Second, many of you are aware that my father was recently diagnosed with cancer. What a time of prayer this has been for me and I have seen so many others surround myself, my siblings, and my dad in their own prayers. His most recent tests showed that the cancer is certainly not as bad as it could be and his doctors are hopeful that chemotherapy should take care of all of it. He begins his treatments today (the 27th) and will be in chemo for the next 18 weeks or so. Do pray for his strength and stamina. More good news is that I got to make a trip to see him the last three days. It was a short trip, but a delightful time to be with him and the family there. It was good for both of us to see each other before I left for the summer and he began this battle.

Finally, my sister (Amy) continues to do well with her pregnancy. The baby, our little Phyra Grace, seems to be happily situated for the time being, though her aunty (ME!) is hoping she’ll make her début before I leave. Amy is due June 1st and is radiant as ever. Continue to pray for her strength and rest as she prepares to deliver.

That’s all for now! Thank you again, dear friends, for your love and prayers.

Blessings,
Emily

No comments: