Friday, June 05, 2009

The Blessing of Rest

It's been such an enjoyable time to just live with my own family again. I forget how to interact with them when I'm in a college environment all the time! It's been especially wonderful to spend time with my sister and brother-in-law. Amy's posted pictures of our venture to the new section of the riverwalk. Visit her blog here:

For more fun, we went to the botanical gardens for the annual "Shakespeare in the Park" production. It's a free event open to the public and it's been a great tradition for us the last 4 years. This year's production was "As You Like It" and I must say, it was my favorite thus far.









With my time in Texas coming to a close and Amy's baby getting ready to pop, our family really hasn't planned anything these days. We're in a weird stage of waiting. So...when we're sitting in the middle of the day, twiddling our thumbs, we've come up with some fun things to do. The parents re-stained their deck. They keep threatening that they're calling me in 6 years to come back and do it again for them. As much as I'd love to, I think I have a dentist appointment that day (*winkwink*)Another fun thing we did today--Amy, Haven and I went to the Japanese tea gardens and the zoo!!!





















Well that's all for now. Please continue to pray for my dear sister, Amy, as she has her baby (HOPEFULLY this weekend). Also, pray for our friend Cathi. She had a nasty fall and is undergoing surgery tonight.

Be very blessed.

No comments: