Wednesday, January 09, 2008

If at first you don't succeed...

Just give up and go back to bed. :)

It was my evil plan to stay home a few more days over Christmas break by getting the flu. YES! Best thing EVER! HA! It came quickly and solidly knocked me off my feet, making my dear father postpone my flight to Chicago 2 days. Extra rest was much appreciated despite the coughing, wheezing, headaches, and fevers. When I was a child, the only time mom would buy gateroade was when we were sick. I used to want to get sick JUST so she'd buy it. "Mom, I'm sick. GET THE GATEROADE!!!!" Well no gateroade this time :(

I am, once again, in the windy city. It's hard to believe this is becoming a home to me. A year and a half gone by and a frightening look at the next half. Oh boy. I'm excited. Perhaps not ready, but excited.

I am reconciled to the fact that I will never KNOW what will take place next. Though I have planned a class schedule and a job, who knows if God will have me complete that before moving me elsewhere. Thus far, I plan to work myself to the ground with 19 hrs of class, a part-time job, and a significant amount of college-experience time :) I have so much preparation to do for the summer as well.

I keep intending to send out emails and updates, but alas I am negligent. To those unknowing--I will be going to Ghana for (approx.) 8 weeks during the summer months. Oh my word, I'm so excited! Life-dreams coming true--but incredibly scary at the same time. I'll be shadowing a Ghanaian woman, Judith, as she makes her rounds to the homes of liberated Trokosi women. I'll be assisting in counseling them and writing their stories as they share with us. These stories will be compiled and used to begin a sponsor ministry similar to that of Compassion Child or World Vision. There is a small potential we'll also get a few opportunities to go into the shrines (where the Trokosi are freed from) and share the gospel with the priests there. Amazing opportunity!!! Praise God! Please pray that I would be diligent to prepare for it well and not procrastinate. I'm so good at last minute. :-P

That's all for now, folks. Be blessed and encouraged by His goodness. Be amazed that He remembers us when we forget Him.

Em

1 comment:

Hofwoman said...

I am so excited for you - it will be such an awesome experience to see God's power in the lives of those women!

I love you! Are you feeling any better?