Sunday, January 11, 2009

There's a HUGE butterfly above our front door...

I'm glad life keeps moving along. It's not always what I think I want, but it always ends up being good. A lot changes with perspective and a good attitude. I'm hopeful for the semester. It's the beginning of the end for school. I'm excited for the end. But the process will be challenging and stretching.

I hate leaving my family and my church in Texas. I think I'm addicted to them. Despite our flaws, drama, and even mundane-ness at times, I love living life with these people. I will miss them all. I'm convinced that "real life" outside of college should revolve around our families. God put us in them for a reason...immediate ministry from the day we're born.

Pray for me as I return to Moody tonight. I'm looking at a heavy course load and a lot of hours, but the preparation and study of God's word is so valuable. These are my classes...

Classic and Contemporary Ethics
World Religious Systems
Strategic Planning and Research
Systematic Theology I
Early Childrens' Music Ministry
Tropical Diseases
Directed Study--Muslim studies

My PCM (Practical Christian Ministry) is at the SouthAsian Friendship Center. Not sure what I'll be doing yet, but I get to interact weekly with Muslim and Hindu people. I'm hopeful for some "hands on" ministry training for when I'm doing my internship in the Philippines this summer. (more to come on that)

That's all for now, folks. Time to be with the parents in the last couple hours I've got at home.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Hofwoman said...

Praying for a really good, last semester - wow - you are almost there :)

I miss you already - I already can't wait to see you again soon!

sis said...

haha...I love the Tropical Diseases class in the middle of all the Bible classes. :)
I am definitely praying for you. We had quite the Christmas break, no? :) And I can't wait till we're both finished with school and have time for even more drama. ;) I love you muchly and can't wait to see you next month!!