Friday, August 15, 2008

The delights of culture...

The past few summers, my sisters and I have realized the importance of learning from and encouraging one another. I have been so fortunate to have a sister live near in San Antonio. We had a sister-date last night. Our original intent was to have Moroccan food, to be eaten on the floor tables, but alas...San Antonio has no such places (at least that we could find). Instead, we settled for a different kind of ethnic experience. We went to Madras Pavilion which, I must tell you, was fabulous. We ordered a few dishes and were given a wonderful tutorial by our waiter as to how the yogurt and lemon curries assist to calm the pallet after intense spices :) It was wonderful. Our favorite dish was the Chicken Korma...a white meat chicken, cooked in sweet coconut milk and light curry and cilantro.
Oh yum... :)
I encourage you to visit similar restaurants and experiment. VERY rewarding :) Bring a sister or a friend. That makes it 200 times better. :)

1 comment:

Hofwoman said...

This was, hands down, absolutely the best! I loved spending sister time with you too! Madras rocks! :)